Life is going like the road to another hilltop with lots of hairpin curves. It’s all about the journey on the road and not the destination to the hilltop.
One moment I’m at the black sand beach watching my toes getting devoured by the wet sand, listening to the thundering waves; watching the sky turn its hours into colors. Then in the next moment I get a flat tire leaving me aghast.
But someone always comes up to help me. I get to meet an interesting stranger or maybe I persevere and figure out how to change my condition myself? Sometimes I just leave the damn motorbike and walk. Then stumble upon a moment meant only for my eyes.
So all in all – I’d say life is living.
With or without me but while I am here, I do my best to enjoy those small moments that add up to being my life.
This and the last year has been draining for almost everyone I know. Hearing people losing jobs and loved ones to COVID, I came to realise that how miniscule our lives are. We worry to much about the future thinking we will do this, go there, achieve that and all other overthinking stuff. In reality, you never know what fate has for you in the next moment.
2021 is coming to an end and today through this post, I’m extending my gratitude to almighty god for blessing me and my family with his wonderful creation – ‘life’
I didn’t write much on my blog this year. Infact, I hardly opened it. But hey, no regrets. At least I got to experience other cool things, do stuff that felt important and made me a better person overall.
A lot happened this year and I’m trying to rewind and list few things that I believe mattered most.
– Getting to live with my parents and family for the entire year due to lockdowns and work from home.
– Getting an opportunity to visit my birthplace and hometown in Himachal Pradesh, India after almost 8 years. Meeting my grandmother, cousins and all the other relatives. Had a great time reuniting after so many years.
– Taking my professional career to new heights and working with amazing colleagues. Also getting a chance to lead the project as tech lead for a few months, training fresh grads and much more exciting stuff at so early stage of my career.
– Watching a lots of movies and TV. Especially the work of Alfred Hitchcock and some old school golden movies.
– Getting to write meaningful amount of code at work and off work.
– Lastly, in month of December switching to a dream job at one of my dream company ‘Amazon’ as a Devops Engineer. I couldn’t be more happy!
All in all, I see this year as a big win for me personally as well as professionally. Obviously there were ups and downs, but as I said before someone was always there to help me out. Rest I got it figured out luckily.
I’m excited for what next year beholds, and I hope god keeps blessings me with more success and wisdom.
Some resolutions for the next year –
2. Try to do my best in new job
3. Cross 1200 rating in rapid chess
4. Read at least 5 non – fiction books
5. Aquire some non conventional skill
6. Stay healthy
7. Love and laugh more
Thank you for reading ❤️ I’d like to wish you happy New year fully loaded with happiness and success.